Sunday, April 24, 2011

Save the Last Dance.

It has come. The trees are clearing and in the distance I can see the edge of the forest. The journey through it had it's dark times, it's relaxing times, it's lonely times and it's downright enjoyable times. Some times I sauntered through, other times I was in such a run that my vision was blurred and the memories are indistinguishable from one another, like one long day.

But as Ernest Hemmingway said, "The Sun Also Rises."

and the end of this day means the start of a new one.

Never have I been so sad to leave a place such as this. I've found my home 6,000 miles away from my place of birth. Salamanca has taken me in, grasped, held me, comforted me and scared me.


On the journey of figuring out who I am and who I could be this was a crucial if not vital pit stop.

This is why I'm not ready to say goodbye. Even as I am in my dwindling hours here I keep discovering new places, people and parts of myself that have yet to be explored.

I'm changed. I realized that I don't know anymore. I don't know what tomorrow brings, I don't know what today has in hold and I don't know if what I wanted for myself is still what I want now.

Is this what they call growing up?

All I can do is set goals.

1. I want to carry the mindsets and mentalities I adopted here back to the states with me, because positivity and the ability to be carefree are a couple pleasures I haven't enjoyed in awhile.

2. I want to be a Renaissance man. Everybody here speaks at least three languages out of necessity, as a personal goal I would like to get to at least that by continuing my work on Spanish and then learning another language in hopes of helping me accomplish my final goal.

3. I want to live here eventually. I don't know how or when I can make my way back, but there is something so right about Spain, and honestly, I feel like more of European than I have ever felt American.

So this is the last dance, It might be beautiful, it might be sad, but I plan on taking it slow and savoring every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment